Be Part of IT – Digital Inclusion Champions award
Below is the judging criteria for the Be Part of IT award: The maximum number of points on offer is 100.
How has the project supported people to be e-included? – maximum points = 35
- How big is the impact?
- How is this demonstrated?
- Is there evidence for the impact?
Impacts of particular interest:
- Improvements in employability
- Clear improvement in social inclusion
Note: Each of the above are of particular interest but your entry doesn’t have include all of them.
To what extent will this be of interest to other actors in their field of work? – maximum points = 5
- Is the project/approach scalable or easy to replicate?
- Are tools available to support replication?
How good are the multimedia / audio visual materials that have been submitted with the application (by linking to them on the internet)? – maximum points = 30
This isn’t about having a professional look and feel, but more about the materials ability to inspire and engage an audience.
- How creative and articulate are the materials?
- Quantity (variety) of materials is of interest and so is quality
Does this application have any additional wow factors? – maximum points = 15
This could include things like:
- The project is especially compelling because of the depth of exclusion overcome
- Barriers overcome to delivery or the nature of the partnerships involved
- Other factors that impressed the judge
How well has multimedia materials been promoted? – maximum points = 8
- What tools have been used to promote the project/story?
- How well has it been promoted?
- How well has social media been used?
- How have the audience responded to the project? (e.g. feedback on blogs, comments on you tube clips, likes on Facebook, retweets etc).
Please note, we don’t want an undue focus on the number of Facebook likes etc, but just a sense of the effort you have made to disseminate your entry.
See our guidance notes for ideas/tools tto help you.
To what extent has inclusion and e-accessibility been considered in the promotion of this project? – maximum points = 7
- Is the information available in more than one language?
- How accessible are the materials that have been submitted for review?
- To what extent has accessibility been taken into account? (For example, intrinsic accessibility, such as a properly constructed website or PDF and consideration of how the material is shared; are video’s captioned and audio description available? Has an accessible media player been used?).
We regret we will be unable to offer feedback on the judging process or on any individual entry.